Flowers with Texture

Friday, December 31, 2010

I've been experimenting lately with adding texture to photographs.  I love it and I think sometimes pictures just beg for some texture to be added to it.  Stay tuned for a post about the texture I used in these pictures.

DSC_0181a

DSC_0206 copy 3

DSC_0201 copy

DSC_0196a

DSC_0189a

Does it work? Or have I gone a little texture crazy? You can be honest! :)

PhotoStory Fridayand then, she {snapped}
Bluberry craft and hobby time

Household6Diva FotoFriday

19 comments:

Sereina December 31, 2010 at 10:58 AM

These are gorgeous! The textures work great for theses photos.

Allie December 31, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I love all of those! They are great! :)

WhatKarenSees December 31, 2010 at 11:29 AM

LOVE the textures. They add creativity to your images. Glad I found your blog. You are a talented photographer and it is such fun seeing what inspires fellow photographers. I will 'follow' you and be back for another visit soon, and invite you to visit me, too!

rachel December 31, 2010 at 12:43 PM

i think they are all great. i don't think you overdid it at all! thanks for linking up!

Kristy December 31, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Love them! The texture is perfect!

Deb December 31, 2010 at 12:54 PM

I love the textures! The last one is my favorite. I love the bright pink flowers witht the buds in the background. I haven't used textures yet myself, but I love how it can turn a nice photo into something extra fabulous! Great job!

Mrs. H December 31, 2010 at 1:12 PM

I like the first three the best - the last two, in my opinion, aren't just as "sweet" looking at the other three. Maybe something about the contrast between the texture in the background and the sharpness of the flower. Too drastic a diff? Anyways - is that a bird bath in the third one? I REALLY like that one. That horizontal line (with the curves of the ironwork detail) and then all those little leaf stems shooting off all directions from that. Great work! It's so fun to play with photography and different effects. Keep it up!

Jill December 31, 2010 at 2:09 PM

I am a lover of texture, and I love all of these pictures. I think it just depends on who is looking at them. Some people don't understand why anyone would even do that to a photo and others get absorbed in the artistic beauty of it.
Again...I happen to love them. Sometimes going crazy turns out to be a good thing. =)

Lolli December 31, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Wow! I love the texture! I haven't used texture in my photos before (scared, maybe?) but I love it when people do it!

AMY December 31, 2010 at 2:23 PM

They're GREAT........you did an awesome job! Love the texture!
I think I'll play with texture a lot more.
Happy New Year!

Kara December 31, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I know nothing about photo texture, but I really dig the second and third photos!

Sarah Halstead December 31, 2010 at 4:11 PM

I love these. Gorgeous photos! I love the textures.

Ashley Sisk December 31, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I really love the texture - for real. I think my fav is the third photo! Wow. Happy New Year!

A. Rogers photo December 31, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Great shots. I really do like your textures on these. Good focus and compo on photo 1 and 3!

Satori_Image January 1, 2011 at 4:20 AM

beautiful work :) I love how your use of textures is very subtle... it really adds quite a bit to the image ^_^

Uriel Lascano January 1, 2011 at 7:32 AM

Allright then, you said I can be honest... Looks great! Very good job!

Jeska January 1, 2011 at 8:48 AM

I really like the texture! I love the rose one!!

Ewa January 4, 2011 at 2:08 PM

these are great, they look like paintings :)

Happy New Year!!!

Katie January 8, 2011 at 7:05 AM

Ok, no idea how I missed commenting on this awesome post!! I LOVE that texture, and I love that you used it on each one because I think it unifies them more as a set. But they'd also be beautiful shots without it...the texture just adds a little bit of photo-bling! :)