Before and After with Mini Fusion

Thursday, February 17, 2011

So I'm loving the new Mini Fusion action that MCP is giving away for free here.  Its simple but affective.  So I've been trying it out on some pictures I already had to see the difference.

This is one of my favorite shots of my friend Kristin from our Beach Photo Shoot which was pretty much my first attempt ever at portrait photography.

kristinbefore

First I ran Coffee Shop's Baby Powder Room action.  I love this action because when you first run it, nothing happens to your photo.  It just creates a bunch of layers and masks for you to easily work with to clean up your photo.  One of the layers is eye define.  All you do is click on the black layer mask on the eye define layer, set your brush to white, and paint over the eyes, and they magically pop! Its the easiest way I've found so far to instantly bring out the eyes.

Then I ran the Mini Fusion Action, and thats it! I didn't even need to edit the layers of the action, I liked how it came out right away.

kristinafter

To me it looks clearer and warmer and I love what it did to her hair.  And I love the difference in her eyes. I think its a nice improvement without making the picture look overly photoshopped.

kristinbeforeandafter

14 comments:

Angel Rogers photography February 17, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Your friend is gorgeous and takes a really pretty shot. I like how the wind catches her hair and you can see the motion w/o the blur.
I like your edit except,to me, her skin tones look a little too warm. I would have lightened them up a bit. One other nit picky thing is perhaps clone out her bra strap on the left of the picture?

Rosie@leavesnbloom February 17, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Oh that's a lovely action. I have just blogged about that action aswell only the photo I was experimenting with didn't really show the possibilties with the action very well. I was going to trial the action on a few more of my shots and I'm glad that I popped over here to see yours. I think it gave the photograph a lovely warm feel to it.

R and J Studios February 17, 2011 at 11:29 AM

What a beautiful subtle transformation!

Snapshotsofhappiness February 17, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Beautiful. The edit is so much clearer. I think it's perfect.

deb duty February 17, 2011 at 11:48 AM

What a gorgeous portrait! The light in her eyes is beautiful.

Chic Homeschool Mama February 17, 2011 at 12:08 PM

While she already looked great- I love how the edit made her radiant! So pretty!

Finkle February 17, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Love what you did using MFA. The picture is sharp yet soft at the same time. Brilliant!

Tiffany February 17, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Love the "mini fusion" edit! I have to re-install mine I could not get them to work...UGH!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ February 17, 2011 at 4:49 PM

really nice, I'll have to look into using this

Courtney February 17, 2011 at 7:35 PM

First off, what a beautiful friend and willing model you have! The action looks great! I am a huge fan of a nice clean edit and it looks like you have found a great action for that! Just lovely!

Chelsea February 18, 2011 at 10:47 AM

So pretty! I love the way the colors pop too! Great edit!

Sarah Halstead February 18, 2011 at 11:30 AM

It looks great. Wonderful job. You made a good photo great!

darcy February 20, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Love that it doesn't look overly photoshopped! nicely done.