Pumpkin Pie Dip and Toasted Pumpkin Seeds

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Tired of Pumpkin yet?

I love pumpkin recipes this time of year and I think its perfect not just for Halloween and Thanksgiving but for Christmas as well.

This is one of my favorites - Pumpkin Pie Dip

Pumpkin Dip

Recipe:
1 8oz Package Cream Cheese (softened--whipped works even better)
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1 (15oz) can solid pack pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix!)
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon frozen orange juice concentrate (optional)

Cream the cream cheese and sugar together. Mix in pumpkin, spices, and orange juice concentrate. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.

Serve with graham cracker cookies or sliced apples! I like to slice apples and sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar on them.

Pumpkin Dip

Optional: carve out a pumpkin to use as a bowl!

If using a real pumpkin for a bowl - don't waste the pumpkin seeds!

I took all the pumpkin seeds and dried them off a bit.  A tried to remove most of the pumpkin pulp but I didn't mind leaving a little behind for flavor.  Toss the seeds in olive oil and sprinkle with salt.  I used some Lawry's Season Salt and some Garlic Herb Seasoning.

Pumpkin Seeds

Spread the seeds out on a cookie sheet.

Pumpkin Seeds

Toast them in the oven at 375 degrees for about 20-30 minutes, until they are nice and golden brown. You may want to stir them up and spread them out again about half way through.

Toasted Pumpkin Seeds

They make a yummy and flavorful snack!

Ni Hao YallChic Homeschool Mamaand
 then, she {snapped}Photobucket

8 comments:

Cherry December 2, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I love anything pumpkin - your photos are beautiful! (Visiting from Simple Things Sunday)

lorik December 2, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I love pumpkin - and being a vegetarian, have had stuffed pumpkin for Christmas. The rest of the family had turkey:)
Your photos are beautiful too - i like the pale blue against the bright orange- nice composition too. And the seed pics are fantastic! You might like to share your orange pics on Mandarin Orange Monday:)

Kim December 3, 2012 at 8:53 AM

That looks fantastic. I really love your food photography. You truly have a gift.

Adventures as a Small Town Mom December 3, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Sounds so easy to make - I'll have to try this out for Christmas to impress my relatives. :) Beautiful shots!

Gina @ Kleinworth & Co. December 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM

YUM- all over the place here!!! Great job on the food & the pics

Madge Bloom December 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Mmmmm, that sounds so yummy! I've never heard of that before but would love to make this recipe... Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #59!

Tiffany December 7, 2012 at 5:05 AM

Looks so good, love pumpkin too. Was nice to catch up, not a lot of blogging going on for me lately either. Hope you are enjoying your new job:)

Tiffany